As you’ve gathered by looking at our site, Invictus LEO goal is to bring officers together and share Jiu Jitsu with them. Invictus is for both and agencies exposed to Jiu Jitsu and show them first hand why the art is fundamental to what we do.
If you are interested in hosting an Invictus Super Seminar, this is what you need and what is expected.
- Access to a matted training facility for the seminar to take place. This can be a Jiu Jitsu Academy or Law Enforcement training area.
- If it is a Jiu Jitsu gym, it but be run by Law Enforcement Officers or have active officers training in the facility.
- You must be active in the Jiu Jitsu and LEO Community as you will be the boots on the ground contact for us. We will require the contact to help promote the event locally via social media, posters and contacts to other LEO Agencies in the area.
- Room for 50+ participants. Small mat spaces will preclude the seminar from running (that means over 2000 sq ft.)
- Seminar contacts will be vetted by Invictus to verify LEO status.
- The seminar is open to all LEO’s and also civilians who support the cause. The seminar does not include duty belts and gear. These seminars focus on gi and nogi techniques which will allow anyone to learn the moves. Its not police specific per se but we will have a focus on police. Again, anyone is welcome as long as they love jiu Jitsu and LEO’s 🙂
- Gyms must be in good standing in their communities and not be involved in any activity that would place Law Enforcement or Invictus in any sort of conflict of interest. Criminal or illegal activity supported by these gyms will preclude seminars.
- We require the hosting gym to be able to promote the event and guarantee a minimum of 50 participants to run an Invictus Seminar. This is the number to cover costs for travel and instructors participation. Should the seminar not reach the minimum of 50, the hosting gym or agency will cover the cost of the difference.
- Invictus events are $90/person and are over a 2 day span. Friday night meet and roll (and/or instruction) and Saturday 5 hour teaching portion.